Saturday, April 01, 2006

I have a little spare time today...

Alright so today I have a couple spare hours on my hands so I thought I might be able to sit down and write out an actual decent entry of what has been going on in my life lately. Heather is 99% moved into the house. Today we have to make what will hopefully be the last car load full from her apartment and then be done with it. It's been a moderatley stressful process over the last month but it has so been worth it.

Work is going okay. Spring time is coming on rather quickly and we are all enjoying it. The warmer weather makes for better working and it also puts every one else in a lot better mood so the days do go by a lot smoother. Vacation will be coming up in a couple of months and I am so ready for it. I actually get paid for 2 weeks this year which will be awesome. On standard we are supposed to take both weeks in July but Heather has to work one of those weeks so I am pulling my strings and taking one of the weeks off in August so I can atleast spend the two weeks I do have off with her.

The house is still pretty much a wreck right now. We haven't had much of a chance to get anything unpacked but hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can atleast get some order back in the place. We are both looking forward to summer. We both want to do a lot of work outside and do some gardening and getting out exercising more. I cannot wait to head first into the lake again, it's been wayyy to long. It'll be good times.

We are talking about selling the house within the next year or two. I would really like to move out of Brownville and get a fresh start and Heather wants to be able to make that fresh start with me. My Godparents like that little god forsaken town and are extremely willing to buy my land so it will be a good trade. I cannot wait to get into a new house and away from everything that I have been stuck in for the last 23 years. One of the good feelings I have about it though is the fact that I know if something doesn't work out with our new idea, my god parents would be willing to let us move back onto that same lot which is a deeply gratifying feeling. Hopefully I won't have to cash in on that golden ticket though.

I have picked up reading again which also feels really good. Lately I have read "Monster" by Frank Peretti, "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown and today I just started "One Man's Wilderness: An Alaskan Odyssey" by Richard Proenneke. I go into spurts where I like to read book after book after book and then I won't for a while. But just last weekend Heather and I went to Borders in Bangor and using her teachers appreciation weekend to our advantage bought 11 or 12 new books. We bought a few of our own personal tastes and a couple that we both would like so I think I will be busy for quite some time. Also I have started writing poetry again. I've only written like 3 pieces in the last 2 months but its a release that I have missed. For about 2 or 3 years I could throw out pieces like no body's business and then after everything that needed to be said was said I kind of fell into a rut. Well lately Heather has been pushing me to start writing again and so I have and I really missed it. I don't know if I will publish them on here like I did with my last journal but if you would like to see them I am willing to share. One of them is the first free verse poem that I have ever tried to write.

As I'm writing this entry today I am on the University of Maine Campus in Orono. As I watch the going ons around me I realize that I might like to go back to school. I might like the feeling of being apart of a culture like this. I have always been anxious to learn new things and I feel like over the last few years since I graduated Hight School my IQ level has been dropping. While my job is more physically demanding then most, my mind does not get used that often and I feel like I am going to lose it if I don't start doing something with it. Maybe it really is time to consider going back to school. But what to go for?

And as you might of been able to guess, Heather and I are doing awesome. And ontop of that, we are officially engaged now. I am truly happy in my heart of hearts and I truly believe that this is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. She knows how to deal with me and she pushes me to use my potential. She also knows when to let me be and she knows the right ways to love me and I believe that she does love me as much as she says she does. So far we have a great life together and I can only see it getting better. I think its about time I've gotten out of this vicious cycle that I have been living in for the last decade and a half.

Well I guess that will just about wrap it up for now. I have a helluva headache and I am going to go find the University store here somewhere and try to barter for some ibuprofen. Until next time friends, Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home