Friday, November 03, 2006

One Man's Worth...

How do you judge a persons worth? Its not by the numbers in his bank account, it's not by the car she's driving or the earrings she has on. Its not by the number of rifles he has in his cabinet or the pairs of shoes she has stuffed in her closet. A persons worth can only be measured by their actions and their intents. A persons worth is judged by that one thing, that one little niche that everyone knows them for. That one thing that they themselves feel like they do well at. That thing that they can gain a sense of pride and accomplishment from. I myself find my pride in my writing and through support of other people I have continued to write over the last decade. Through my writing I have tried to prove my worth in writing pieces about humor, understanding, inspiration and involvement. Whether it be hysterical, good, bad, ugly or just plain necessary I have dumped emotion and emotion into my writing to show the rest of the world how this one man feels. Luckily I have been able to connect to a few people through my poetry and stories and have helped them through some tough times. That right there has given me more of a sense of pride than anything else. So now I introduce a new blog of mine www.onemansworth.blogspot.com It will be a place of my writing and any others that would like me to submit it. In everything I have done in my life and will continue to do for the rest of my days...this is the one way I feel like I can prove my worth. So I hope you enjoy and continue to check in...I always love feedback, positive or otherwise. To close this out I am asking you all for one simple favor. Look inside yourselves. Look inside your life and the things you do and ask yourself...Whats that one thing that has your pride, whats your "worth"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home