Sunday, June 18, 2006

What a weekend...

Well boys and girls, after a brief, alright pretty long hiatus, your's truly is back. Heather and I just got home a couple hours ago from one of the best weekends that I can ever remember. Friday night we left for the coast right after I got out of work and we have been "camping" for the last two days. Yesterday was just totally awesome. We got up, went into Bar Harbor for some breakfast and a little shopping and then on a spur of the moment decision we bought tickets to go on a Whale watching ship! We still had a few hours left before our boat left so we went into Acadia National Park for some sight seeing. I was able to take Heather to a few places she's never been before which was really cool. I love giving people new experiences. After a nice picnic lunch at the top of Cadillac Mountain we made our way back into Bar Harbor. We went and checked out the Whale and Marine museum before boarding our boat. Now again this was something I have done that Heather hadn't which hyped it up a little more for me, I have been on 3 previous cruises so I had an idea of what was instore. So we got on our ship and set off to sea. During our cruise we got mighty cold but we also got some awesome pictures of some lighthouses, seals, other boats and of course whales. We only really got to see one consistently but she says she had a blast nevertheless. So when we got back (we were out there 4 hours) we went to a little restaurant called Rupiuini's (spelling is a little funky) and ate a nice dinner outside on a patio while watching people downtown. After our meal we did a little more store hopping, had an ice cream and then headed out of town for some mini golf. We played 36 holes at Pirate's Cove just outside of Bar Harbor village and it was a blast, we were playing with this couple ahead of us that was really nice. After the golf it was about 10pm so we headed back to the campground and crashed for the night. This morning we got up packed up and headed back into the village for a nice breakfast at Jordan's before heading back home. All in all I would have to say this weeekend was as close to perfect as it could be. We got some awesome pictures, some great souveniors, a lot of cool memories and the hopes of doing it again It was supposed to be to celebrate Heather's birthday since it is coming this week. She said it was the best birthday weekend she could of had. I'm really happy to hear her say that because what she also made this a truly incredcible weekend for me. I love her so much and I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a great summer. For now, Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home